Dr Jana Matthews, head of UniSA’s Centre for Business Growth, recently explained the art and science behind continued growth, and the characteristics of a high-growth CEO. A synopsis of the CEO Magazine article is below. Treat it like a checklist!
- Know who you are and what you stand for
- Know who your customers are and what they value
- Measure how you deliver value to your customers
- How will you deliver more value to your customers?
- Do you have the right team, are they motivated and are they in the right seats on the bus?
- Regularly assess employees’ performance on fit with values as well as functional performance
- Have a diverse team that reflects the diversity of your customer base
- Identify, reward and promote great performers
- Identify low performers who should move on
- Assign responsibility and accountability to individuals for achieving specific results
- Clear communication and alignment of all staff
- Strike the right balance between strategy development and execution
- “Lean in” and navigate uncertainty, encourage exploration and make decisions backed by empirical evidence
(read the full article The high growth CEO)